Palmer's Passages

And so it begins. I have been sending various "Palmer Updates" to folks via email, but I thought it was about time to get fancy. I figure that this way I can keep folks up-to-date on the happenings of my crazy life, without sending old-fashioned mass emails. I hope you enjoy my updates, random comments, strange sense of humor, and delightful pictures. It is my hope that Palmer's Passages will cure all known diseases, end world hunger, and bring back "Animaniacs". Enjoy.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Dancing Cheek to Cheek

Well folks, I've had my "final callbacks" for Spamalot, and now we just wait and see what they decide. The callback with the creative team was awesome, and they were the nicest group of people I've ever met at an audition. Aside from some nice comments, they asked me to come back a little later for some movement stuff.

To my surprise, it was the final callback for all the male dancers and I certainly stuck out like a sore thumb. The choreographer got up to teach a tap routine (I've never tap-danced in my life) and it was taught very quickly (as it should be...this IS Broadway after all). Well, I did my best, but I think my routine ended up being very different from the routine taught to the group. :)

In other words, I once again realized that dancing is not my strong point, and I am hoping that the powers-that-be will focus more on my acting/singing rather than my "creative" tap dancing skills. Fortunately, both roles I was called-back for do not dance much, but one never knows. At this point, I know that this is all in God's hands and there is nothing more I can do. I will continue to go about my life, and perhaps one day, I will get a phone call with the offer of a lifetime. Time will only tell.

In other news, I learn more and more each day about how life is simply about having a relationship with God, and that if we can find fullfillment and validation in Him alone...then we are exactly where He wants us to be in life.

If anyone needs a tap lesson, look no further.

Palmer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home