Palmer's Passages

And so it begins. I have been sending various "Palmer Updates" to folks via email, but I thought it was about time to get fancy. I figure that this way I can keep folks up-to-date on the happenings of my crazy life, without sending old-fashioned mass emails. I hope you enjoy my updates, random comments, strange sense of humor, and delightful pictures. It is my hope that Palmer's Passages will cure all known diseases, end world hunger, and bring back "Animaniacs". Enjoy.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

"Take Me Home, Country Roads..."



[Hanging Lake; a sweet lake high up in the Rocky Mountains]











Well howdy folks!

I just returned from a trip to my old hometown of Denver, Colorado. It has been over 11 years since I've graced the Mile High City with my presence and I decided now was the time to do so. A good friend of mine accompanied me on this last-minute trip and we decided to drive there and back using a snazy rental car. The car was a tan Taurus, and we named her Tawanda since she had some attitude and sass.

I was able to see my old homes, hot-spots, restaurants, etc. It was weird to see how everything seemed to change, yet it all still felt the same. My two goals of eating tacos at Los Arcos and spending a day at Water World were accomplished. Water World is an AWESOME water park that I spent every summer of my youth at. It was as amazing as I had remembered it being. Rock on Water World. Oh, and the tacos from Los Arcos...served with the world's greatest chips and salsa...were heavenly.

The trip was a blast and it was cool to look back on the things that helped make me who I am today. Perhaps I'll begin erecting a memorial or museum dedicated to all the places/establishments that shed light on the life of the great Jason Palmer. Or would that be a little arrogrant?

Despite the trip, I have come to discover that as of Labor Day, I will be without a great deal of work. Yep, 90% of my theme park work dies down and I will begin scrounging around for some new work (perhaps you'll find me begging for spare change on 3rd Street in Santa Monica). I will still remain employed by Disney and Universal, but will not work at Universal until November and will work sparingly at Disneyland. Unless, of course, something comes up.

I am currently excited to see what God has in store and in what ways He will provide...as He ALWAYS does!

I hope all is well out there and happy Labor Day Weekend to all!

Palmer

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HellOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Let me get this straight. You drove thousands of miles to eat TACOS??!! Do they not have a Taco Bell closer to you than Denver?! I also heard that you visited your Elementary School...The classrooms...Where you used to play tether ball...The halls...Ahh yes! You knew that school SO WELL! :) Tacos to you sir!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home